Vaginal Dryness & infection : PHARMO-GYNE
Vaginal dryness & genital infections are common in women. This may be due to hormonal changes, age, or bacterial &/or viral infections. Infection may lead to inflammation, vaginal mucosa damage and the occasional formation of papules. Clinical signs are mostly related to overgrowth or imbalance in the native microflora, secondary bacterial infection, changes in pH (more alkaline), and mild but chronic manifestations consisting in, often foul-smelling, vaginal discharge, itching, irritation or burning during urination.
Ideal Treatment Approach:
An ideal treatment should be multi-target , rapid, topical, non-irritant and safe. It should hydrate the vaginal cavity, remove infection, normalize pH & native microbial flora and should help accelerate healing of eventual mucus injuries & lacerations. Only adjusting the pH, removing contaminants, hydrating the surface may not help much as other pathologies / pathogens may continue aggravating the disease.
Currently Available Treatments:
- Topical Anti-Virals: none; Antiseptics or antifungals: Yes but most of these drugs are chemicals and monotarget.
- Symptomatic: local antiseptics, anti-inflammatory, pH regulators → recovery takes a very long time as they are mono-target.
FOR THE TREATMENT OF VAGINAL DRYNESS, ACIDITY & pH
VITROBIO‘s Completely NEW Therapeutic Approach:
Treatment of vaginal infections requires not only suppressing the bacterial infection but also normalizing the pH, stopping infection, healing the lesions as well as immediately soothing the vaginal mucosa. In 1997, Vitrobio France patented a new glycerol-based hypertonic, colorless, non-irritant, totally safe filmogen solution (International patent 1997: PCT/FR99/01340) capable of instantly attracting hypotonic fluid from the inner surface, dislodging and flushing all the contaminants, including free virus particles and bacteria, from the vaginal cavity.
- Osmotic activity of the filmogen osmotic solution hydrates the vaginal surface instantly.
- Low pH of the solution quickly normalizes the pH, favoring the growth of beneficial native microflora over opportunistic infection.
- PHARMO-GYNE contains an improved version of the filmogen solution (Patent N° PCT/EP2013/061835) to enhance the duration of action of the product (4-6h after each application).
- Cleaning the vaginal mucosa accelerates lesion healing.
PHARMO-GYNE acts as a topical, safe, instant-action, mechanical anti-infectious & pH regulating device. (For detailed mode of action: please contact Vitrobio)
Product Presentation: 3x10mL tubes
Directions: Topical application, into the vagina, of the contents of 1 tube per day for 3 days. Repeat for another 3 days if required. For outer lesions: a few drops on the lesion, 3 to 4 times a day until complete recovery.
Regulatory Status: Due to the mechanical topical filmogen activity without any pharmacological, biological, metabolic or immunological interaction with the cellular structure: Class IIa Medical Device in Europe.
Contraindications: Not to be used in pre-pubertal pediatric population (under 12 years of age). Side Effects: None.
Full trial published in J Pharmaceutical & Scientific Innovation 2(1), Jan-Feb 2013, 47-51; e-ISSN: 2277-4572 ⇒Associating A Hypertonic Solution With Specific Plant Procyanidins For The Treatment Of Genital Herpes